What is RCIA?
The RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults) Ministry of Saint Mary prepares individuals for Christian Initiation through a small group process that includes spiritual formation, catechesis and a series of liturgical rites as prescribed in the Church’s Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults. The RCIA team includes sponsors and catechists who accompany candidates and catechumens on the path to the celebration of the Sacraments of Initiation. Initiation into the Church ordinarily culminates at the Easter Vigil with the celebration of Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist. Saint Mary Parish currently utilizes a year-round approach which allows candidates and catechumens, according to their readiness, to also be initiated at other times during the year when appropriate.
Have you or someone you know thought about….
- Deepening your relationship with Jesus.
- Searching for a spiritual home.
- Seeking a community in which to worship and get involved.
- Considering being baptized.
- Was baptized as an infant and wondering how to make your First Communion or Confirmation.
Contact the RCIA Coordinator on how to learn more.
Upcoming Question and Answer Sessions
St. Mary’s is offering an opportunity to ask questions and learn more as you explore the Catholic faith. There are six Sunday sessions coming up:
- September 15, 2019 at 10:30 AM
- September 15, 2019 at 12:30 PM
- September 22, 2019 at 10:30 AM
- September 22, 2019 at 12:30 PM
- September 29, 2019 at 10:30 AM
- September 29, 2019 at 12:30 PM
All sessions are held in the Hospitality Room of the Church building.
Please share this information with people you know who may be interested.