The Finance Council serves as an advisory body to the Pastor and the Director of Parish Operations to provide them with assistance and guidance regarding the Stewardship of the physical and monetary resources of the parish, including parish finances, budget, facilities, and long-range financial planning. Every parish is mandated by Canon Law to have a Finance Council.
Among the functions and responsibilities of the Finance Council are the following:
- Review the annual budget and ensure that financial resources and parish goals are compatible
- Make recommendations concerning maintaining or increasing revenues to meet goals and priorities. Likewise, make recommendations concerning parish expenses.
- Review financial statements.
- Provide parishioners with periodic reports on the financial position of the parish.
- Consult on parish expense transactions in excess of $10,000.
- Consult on the proposed acquisition or divestiture of parish properties and the construction of parish facilities.
A way of life.
A biblical mandate for all Christians.
Putting God first in my life.
Thanking God for all His blessings by sharing
my time, talent, and treasure.
A return to God that comes from my first fruits, not my surplus.
Honoring my commitment to my parish even when I am absent.
Not what the Church needs from me,
but what in gratitude I need to do to make a return to God
Please take the opportunity to visit the Stewardship Page which contains content such as: The Annual Report, The Annual Catholic Appeal, To Teach Who Christ Is, and the Availability to Donate to the Parish online.
Current Finance Council Members
The Finance Council brings together individuals with skills in finance, administration, and/or law who have been appointed by the Pastor to supports the mission of the parish.
Fr. Jerry Jacob
Dcn. Howard Fischer
Lawrence Molloy – Chair
Denise Fuller – Co-Chair
*Kevin Igielski, ex officio, Recording Secretary