The mission of the Greeter/Usher ministry is to welcome all, stranger and friend, that come to worship and help provide a positive experience while attending our parish liturgies and celebrations.
Duties of The Greeters
- Greeters welcome all who enter the building with a warm smile and a “Hello”.
- Greeters are sometimes asked to help distribute worship aids and at times assist the ushers.
Duties of The Ushers
- Assist with seating in our worship space.
- Enlist families to bring up the gifts during the Preparation.
- Collect the weekly offerings and assure it is stored safely.
- Assist with the Communion procession, assuring that all assembled receive.
- Distribute the weekly Bulletin after all Masses.
- Assist in emergency situations that might arise.
- Answer general questions about the parish and grounds, and direct those needing more information to the appropriate person.
Who Can Be A Greeter/Usher?
- Any parishioner, high school age and above.
- Ushers/Greeters is a great ministry for new parishioners to meet others
How Do I Get Started and Trained?
Ushers and Greeters learn the with “on the job” training, pairing up with experienced members of the ministry for in-action training.