Religious Education 2021-2022
Registration for the St. Mary 2021-2022 Religious Education program opened on March 1st.
- St. Mary will again offer Summer, Fall and a Family Catechesis options. Click here for description of sessions. Schedules for each session are posted with the 2021-2022 Calendar.
- Registration this year will be online only. Links and instructions on how to register are posted below. Anyone needing assistance with registration can call the parish office. 847-223-0010.
- Registions for Summer 2021 is now closed. Registration continues for Fall classes grades K-8.
- Summer Session 2021 will be held virtually but Fall/Winter 2021-2022 will be held in person at the parish. More information will follow closer to the start of the session.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to navigate these challenging times. We look forward to working with all our St. Mary families on another year of religious education!
Online Registration Instructions
To register for the 2021-2022 REP Program you must complete the following 3 steps:
- Complete the Registration Form using the button below.
- Complete the Medical Release Form using the button below
- Make a tuition payment using the button below. Note: Tuition is requested at the time of registration. A minimum deposit of $50 is required to complete the registration.
Automatic email confirmation will be sent for each step in the process. You will be notified of final acceptance into your preferred session a few weeks once all documents are received. If you have questions or need assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message at the parish office 847-223-0010
What is the Religious Education Program?
St. Mary provides a thorough catechesis in the Roman Catholic Tradition for all parish children so they might grow in their faith journey in communion with the Church and its life of prayer and mission. Catechesis is also offered for parents who have children celebrating the Sacraments of Reconciliation, Eucharist and Confirmation. The Religious Education Program (REP) operates under the direction of the policies and procedures of the Archdiocese of Chicago and in particular under the guidelines of the Office for Catechesis and Youth Ministry. If you are new to St. Mary and would like to enroll your children in our program, please first contact the parish office to make an appointment to register with the parish.
At What Age Do I Enroll My Child?
St. Mary welcomes children in all stages of their faith formation and works with families who may have been away from the church for awhile. Formal faith formation can begin as children enter kindergarten. First grade is when children should be enrolled as that first year is most important before preparation for the sacraments of First Reconciliation and First Communion in 2nd grade. Children are then expected to continue each year until they reach 8th grade and are prepared to celebrate Confirmation.
Who Will Teach My Child?
Our Religious Education Program is made possible by the many volunteer catechists who share their faith with the children they teach. We cannot support our large program without their help. If you love kids, love your faith and would like to share it, consider this ministry. For more information, please contact the Director of Faith Formation. There is no better way to grow in your own faith than to share it with others.